Novuss - sport for everyone!
In September 2019 our application has been selected for EU co-funding to implement our Novuss development project.
The main objectives of this project:
- to develop and reinforce a network of stakeholders connected continuously to each other with the purpose of promoting the Novuss as a professional and grassroots sport, as well as a mass and recreational sport through international events, training activities and the sharing of information, documents, experience and best practices;
- to promote and develop Novuss as integrative kind of sport/game for participants with disadvantaged backgrounds (disability’s, difficult economic obstacles, cultural differences etc.);
- to develop and implement ideas, methods and guidelines for training modules, execution of events (e.g. tournaments) and further promotion in as many languages as possible;
- development and implementation of education and training plan/sessions for coaches and referees with the aim to strengthen professional development of Novuss sport;
- to disseminate and exploit the information, communication and knowledge using innovative and costefficient methods and platforms.
Participating organizations are from EU countries like Poland and Germany, where Novuss was establihed just within the last several years, and know the challenges involved in the development of new or not-well-known sports today. Experienced countries like Latvia and Estonia are involved as a knowledge carriers, which have very long Novuss history and have experience with training methodologies, guidelines, instructions and tournament organizations. This combination of participants will give us opportunity to have different views on ideas and goals to be implemented.
- Novuss Sport ohne Barrieren e.V., Germany
- Latvijas Novusa federācija, Latvia
- Peningi Koroonamaenguklubi, Estonia
- Stowarzyszenie Polska, Poland
It is planned to involve more and more organizations that are interested in actively participating in the implementation of the project objectives and promoting of Novuss.
Novuss is still an unknown Sport in many EU countries. Currently here is missing international platform where to get more information about this kind of sport and existing Novuss sport organizations. This will be a unique chance to present this project and Novuss sport to other sports organizations within EU community to develop further partnerships.
Therefore, it is planned to disseminate and drive results using Erasmus+ Project Results Platform, create its own dedicated website (www.novuss-sport.org) and mobile application, which will be maintained by participating organizations beyond the completion of this project. In order to reach as many people as possible, it is necessary to translate all materials and project outputs in as many languages as possible and all the information must be available at the very least in the English language. It is also planned to get in touch with other projects of Erasmus+ programme.
On the Erasmus + Project Result platform are many inspiring sports projects from all over the European Union! Check them out here: